You’ve come to the right place! You probably have the right outfit staring you right in the face and you don’t even realize it. But that’s okay! You can follow our tips to help you pick the best outfit possible to make the best first impression.
And you won’t even have to go shopping to do it! We want you to pick something that’s already in your closet, because you should not only look good but you should feel comfortable in what you’re wearing too.
You don’t have to make picking an outfit for a first date complicated.
You can dress up or down depending on where you’re going. The biggest thing is to make sure it looks like you put effort into your appearance.
- Your clothes should be ironed or steamed
- Your hair should be clean or styled
Of course if you get caught in the rain or it’s a windy day, don’t stress too much! But you could always run to the restroom to freshen up a little once you get to where the date is.
Regardless of where you’re going here are the basics of a first date outfit:
- A nice shirt (a button down, a clean t-shirt)
- Jeans or khakis
- Shoes that match the vibe of where you’re going
- All clothes should be clean and wrinkle free
If you’re going to a nice restaurant you could wear:
- A button down shirt
- Dress shoes
- A sport coat
If you’re meeting at a brewery or more casual restaurant you could wear:
- A graphic tee or a polo
- Jeans or casual pants
- Comfy shoes like Converse or tennis shoes
If you’re going to dinner and a movie:
- You could do jeans with a button down paired with sneakers
- Or you could just follow a similar outfit to the casual restaurant look
- Just make sure you bring a light jacket in case the movie theater is cold
This might seem like a no-brainer, but make sure all your clothes are freshly cleaned and free of wrinkles. You’re trying to make a good first impression and if you show up looking like you don’t care about your appearance it could make your date think you don’t care about them. And you don’t want that!
There’s nothing worse than showing up and realizing you’ve over or under dressed. You could even talk it out with your date to see what they’re wearing so you don’t show up looking more or less fancy then they do. If you know the vibe of the place you could tell them and if they picked the place you could ask them what people normally wear there. Either way they’ll appreciate that you showed them that you care enough to think about those things which could win you some good brownie points with them.
The most important thing you should keep in mind when picking your first date outfit is if you’re going to feel comfortable wearing it. That’s why we said you should pick your outfit from clothes that you already have. It’s important to feel confident in your outfit because that confidence can help when you’re on the actual date.
We also recommend:
- Make sure you shower the day of the date. If you’ve been sweaty all day, make sure you schedule in time to shower again.
- Put on deodorant
- Also put on cologne or body spray to make sure you keep smelling good
- Brush your teeth (especially if you’ve been at work all day)
These might seem like obvious pieces of advice, but you would be surprised. Good hygiene is just as important as anything else on a first date. If you follow these tips, we guarantee you’ll have an amazing first date. Good luck! You’ve got this!
Are you still struggling to find a first date to go on? We can help you with that!
We have expert dating profile writers ready to work with you to help you get the person of your dreams. If you’ve noticed your inbox is collecting dust lately, just know you’re not alone. Our writers have worked with thousands of singles just like you who are struggling to find dates online. They’ve helped those thousands of singles meet their match and you could be next!
What you get when you work with our writers:
– A username that encapsulates who you are
-A tagline that will make potential dates want to know more
-An ‘About Me’ section that will have them send you a message on the spot
You might be wondering why you would hire someone for something you could do for free.
The something you’re doing for free isn’t working the way you’d hoped. Our writers have over a decade of experience helping people get dates and find love. Their services are worth every penny!
What else you’ll get when you work with our writers:
- Coaching from an industry expert on how to navigate the dating apps
- An hour-long introductory phone or video call on either FaceTime, WhatsApp, or Skype. We’ll get to know everything about you to make your dating profile the best it can be.
- A username, tagline, and “About Me” section that will get you noticed
- An expert photo analysis to help you pick the right photos for your profile
- Unlimited revisions, delivered quickly until you’re happy with the final product
Are you ready for our experts to help you to find the person of your dreams?
Our writers won’t be available for too long. Their services are in high demand which means whenever they have openings they fill up fast. Make sure you don’t miss out on your chance to work with them and reserve your spot today!
We have a proven track record of helping singles just like you meet their match. And you could be next! Don’t waste another minute deciding. Dating is already tough enough as it is without writing a good dating profile. You shouldn’t have to navigate making a profile that gets you noticed on your own. Work with one of our writers today, and you could be getting first dates tomorrow.