Sometimes getting matched on online dating applications can be a struggle. If you’re a man on Tinder, you probably already relate to the struggle of getting a woman to swipe right on your profile. Unfortunately, this is pretty common for the male population on dating applications. It can be even more devastating if you’re swiping right on a ton of profiles, because it might seem like you’re getting virtually no traction.
The amount of time it takes to get a match on Tinder can vary greatly, but most men generally see majority of their matches in the beginning when they first create their online dating account. Those numbers seem to drop off pretty quickly if they don’t have their profile stacked in their favor or Tinder’s algorithm’s favor.
Let’s talk about the reasons why you might not be seeing that much activity on your Tinder profile.
Why aren’t you getting any matches on Tinder?
There could be a variety of reasons why you’re not gaining any traction as far as matches are concerned, but one of the first things you should explore is your profile’s appearance.
Ask yourself these questions to make a quick assessment on whether your profile actually represents the most attractive version of you:
- Do you have good photos? Your first photo should be a quality headshot. Avoid group photos and blurry photos. Smile if you’re making direct eye contact with the camera.
- Are you using keywords in your profile? These keywords could be related to values you find attractive in a partner or personality descriptors. Keywords help jog the algorithm for compatibility depending on the keywords in a potential match’s profile.
- Is your profile complete? If you haven’t taken the time to thoughtfully complete all aspects of your profile, then you’re doing yourself a disservice. Having a complete profile allows potential matches to get a feel for who you are and if there is very little information to go off of then there is very little chance that you’ll get a match.
If you’ve applied the three basic principles above and you’re still not receiving matches, then it might be time to call in the experts. Lucky for you, our dating profile writing experts have over a decade of experience in helping our clients get compatible matches. Let us help you craft the perfect profile guaranteed to get more eyes on your online dating profile.
How active do you need to be on Tinder to get a match?
Another reason you might not be getting any matches on Tinder could be due to your activity (or inactivity). The New York Time reports that men are three times more likely to swipe right than women. Therefore, think about how selective you are actually being when you swipe right instantly versus when a woman takes the time to view your profile. You might not realize that there are things in your profile or hers that has her come to the conclusion that you two are actually incompatible.
Or consequently, your profile might not be tailored well enough to showcase your personality, values, etc. and therefore causing women to swipe left due to the lack of information you’ve provided.
The following activity habits can lead to receiving less matches:
- Not responding to messages in a timely manner: Tinder tracks this type of inactivity
- Not longing into the app often enough: Tinder is not going to want to put your profile in front of others if you’re not even active on the app
- Swiping right too quickly and too often: You only get a certain amount of swipes per day and if the pool of women is small, then it’ll take longer for Tinder to recycle potential matches back to you. Tinder’s algorithm will start tracking you as “spam” because it gives the impression you’re just looking to build up a stack of women instead of looking for a true connection.
How does Tinder’s algorithm work?
When you first create your account on Tinder, it’ll showcase your profile to more users. Therefore it might be best to take advantage of their initial push when you first get onto the dating application if you don’t plan on upgrading to their premium features. Most men see the majority of their matches happen within the first couple of weeks on Tinder, but then that number seems to plateau almost instantly when Tinder’s algorithm kicks in.
The aforementioned algorithm hacks can help boost your visibility to a wider range of potential matches. Also keep in mind that Tinder takes into account your desirability. If others are swiping right on you then Tinder’s algorithm automatically pushes your profile in front of other potential matches on their app.
Will Tinder’s premium features get more matches for me?
Tinder’s premium features can most definitely increase the likelihood of getting more matches, but what does Tinder Plus include?
- Unlimited likes: basic Tinder allows only about 100 per day
- Rewind your last swipe: allows you to redo your last swipe if you swiped left/right by accident
- 5 super likes per day: this allows you to express that you really want to get to know the person(s) you swiped right for
- 1 boost per day: this feature will showcase your profile before others
- Passport: gives you the ability to swipe around the world, increasing your pool of potential matches
If you’re looking for a way to bypass Tinder’s free version algorithm, then Tinder Plus or it’s other premium packages could aid in getting you better matches.
However, their premium features cannot guarantee you more matches if your overall profile is seriously lacking in substance. Getting Tinder’s premium features with a poorly performing profile is only a bandaid for the bigger issue at hand.
If you’re among the many men that already have Tinder Plus and aren’t gaining any traction in the dating department, then it might be time to revisit your profile’s appearance. Allow our online dating professionals to assess the damage and help you revamp your online dating profile. With their expertise, they can not only give guidance on how to improve your odds of getting matched on Tinder, but also take the guesswork out of it for you and rewrite your whole profile. Dating is not like it used to be back in the day and lots of people are turning to experts to increase their chances of finding love in the modern world. Click the button below if you’re ready to step up your online dating game.