Summer is a great time for people to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With warm weather, vacations, and laziness being in full swing, it’s easy to find good reasons to have a summer date. Here are 20 ideas for you to use this summer!
What makes a good summer date?
A perfect summer date is one that is fun, relaxing, and exciting. It should be a time for you to recharge and relax by yourself or with the person you’re with. You want your time together to be special and memorable. Here are some ideas for making your summer date perfect:
-Playing board games
-Attending a festival
-Going on an adventure
-Looking at art in a museum
How to plan the perfect summer date
- Pick a day to go out.
- Plan the day beforehand, including where you’re going, what you’ll do, and who you’ll spend your time with.
- Make sure to pack snacks in case hunger strikes!
- Have fun!
The first step to planning your perfect summer date
The first step to planning your perfect summer date is setting clear intentions. You want to get away from the usual, so you should avoid activities that are typical during the season and instead plan something different. This will require some brainstorming and creativity on your part!
You’ll also need to decide who you’d like to have on your date with. Are you looking for a friend? A significant other? Both? It’s easier to know what type of person you want to spend time with when you narrow down the pool of potential dates. So, start by deciding whether or not you want someone who is similar to yourself or unique in their own way.
Think about activities and locations too. What are your favorite activities and locations? Will they be fun for everyone involved? If not, this might be an activity worth skipping out on if it means having more time for another activity that would please everyone. Remember: try not to overthink this step!
Activities for your summer date
- Build a sandcastle with your date in the beach.
- Take a bike ride to your nearest park and play some soccer with your date.
- Have a picnic lunch outside and then go swimming in the pool for some fun time in the sun.
- Swing on a playground or climb the jungle gym with your date.
- Visit an aquarium, museum, zoo, or theme park together!
- Check out the newest restaurant in town; it’s always fun to try something new even if you’re not hungry to eat!
- Attend an outdoor concert or festival together like a summer music festival or fireworks show!
- Find new board games and play them together at home or out on the town!
- Go see an old school movie that you both enjoy watching like The Breakfast Club or Ferris Bueller’s Day Off!
- See how close you can get to each other without touching while at an amusement park by taking turns flipping over cars and maneuvering around tight spaces (Hint: You’ll be touching!)
- Go fishing together at a nearby lake or river and then go camping afterwards for some great bonding time away from work/school/homes/etc.
Picnic ideas for your perfect summer date
Picnic dates are perfect for the summertime. Taking a picnic to a nearby park or even just putting together a “picnic in a bag” is an easy, low-cost way to enjoy some time with someone you like and give your family some quality bonding time. Picnics are also one of the easiest ways to get outdoors and enjoy nature, which can be relaxing. For those who don’t have a lot of space at home or live in an apartment, picnics can be taken almost anywhere!
Creative ways to spend time with each other on your perfect summer date
The first step to having a perfect summer date is to find the perfect partner. Whether it’s a friend, relative, or significant other, finding the right person for your perfect summer date will make all the difference.
- Get outdoors and do something active
Even if you’re not an avid (or even mediocre) outdoor enthusiast, you can still have a great time outside on your summer date! Activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, camping–whatever excites your adventurous spirit–are a great way to spend time together outside.
- Plan a spontaneous road trip
If you love getting out of town but don’t have too much time to do so before the summer is over, plan an impromptu road trip! A road trip is always fun because it’s unpredictable and exciting–and it’s easy on your wallet too!
- Make things at home with each other
Making things at home could be anything from cooking together to learning how to sew or build something to just hanging out and watching movies–anything that sparks creativity and gets you both thinking about what you like doing together. It also helps break up the monotony of everyday life!
Cocktails and cocktails
This is a great idea for a summer date. It’s the perfect way to relax outside while enjoying some time with your significant other. This can be done at home, by the pool, or even out on the town.
The perfect day at the beach
One of the most popular summer activities is going to the beach. Whether you’re on a romantic date or spending time with your kids, go to a beach near you and enjoy the day! This could be one of those summer dates that turns into a family tradition for years to come.